Thursday, February 2, 2017

Things I've worked on while hand-walking

Kat is currently getting walked 10 minutes a day, twice a day. It's going fine, all things considered. Here are some things I've worked on, since this is the sort of time one can use to really fine tune little details. 

1) She is very polite when I enter her stall now, she stays watching me but backs away from the door so I can easily get in.

2) I clicker trained her to hold her head exactly where I'd like it to slip the halter on her head

3) When I step onto the mounting block she sidles right up to it and stands like a rock, even when I get off the block and move all around her

4) I've trained "park" pretty well, though I have a bit more work on that one.




5) and this one is the least-worked-on because I'm worried it might aggravate any injury, I've done quite a bit of work on quietly turning on the forehand and on the hindquarters in hand.

Any other fun things I'm missing out on?

5 comments:

  1. Oooh do you have any platforms to stand her up on? Even just the front feet? That was always fun with Izzy haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number 3 is great! Maybe you can train her to fetch her feed bowl for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. duh teaching her to smile like TC does

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lowering the head from both leadrope pressure or (light) pressure on the poll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete