Friday, January 16, 2015

TOABH: Wish We Could


Let's pretend that financial restrictions don't exist and logistics isn't a nightmare.  If you could do anything with your Ponykins, what would you do?

Well. If financial restrictions don't exist, Tango and I move to Anne's barn for the next six months, campaign until he's totally happy showing, and I sell him to someone who falls in love with his goofy face and proclivity for 2nd level work. To replace him, I start leasing a GP horse and continue to learn from Anne until I earn my Gold medal. After that, I'll be so wise and knowledgeable ( ;) ) that who knows what I'd want to do in dressage!

I also buy a really fancy six year old warmblood TB cross who moves with me to Anne's to polish his dressage before we start eventing. We'll start at training and prepare for trying to earn regional points at Preliminary next year. 

You know. 

OH! And I buy a really nice, turnkey little facility. It's got a full-size dressage court and a covered jumping arena. It's got some fields for cross country jumps, and it's got a room where I can host yoga classes. I hire someone really awesome to run my barn while I'm busy competing my super-star dressage and eventing horses. I bring in cool clinicians a few times a year. I buy both my working students phenomenal horses, which will be great for them and also really good for my lesson program. 

This barn will be located conveniently close to both Anne's and UCSC, where I apply for and get into school to study physical therapy without fear of how stupid-expensive the program is. I'd spend the next three years studying dressage, eventing, physical therapy, and happily teaching a handful of students at my barn. When I graduate from my DPT program, then I'd ramp my lessons and training back up as an equestrian professional. 

Isn't it a nice dream?

I do love to dream....

4 comments:

  1. lol i love it - can i come hang out at your super fancy nice little turnkey operation??? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, of course! We'd love to have you around!

      Delete