Monday, January 26, 2015

Mentor

January so far has been riddled with fantastic things. I bought a trailer. Tango's going better than ever. I got to ride a whole lot of new horses at Webb ranch. I'm working with a green horse and there's the prospect of starting a mustang on my horizon. I have new people in my life and a lot of new energy. It's also been riddled with ridiculously hard, painful, and difficult things. I'm lucky because of the support and love I have. I definitely admit to struggling sometimes... but then I get notes like this.



Kinda gives me something to live up to, you know?

Who's been your biggest mentor in your riding career? 

4 comments:

  1. Awww, what a sweet note! My biggest mentors were probably my high school Thoroughbred racing trainers. They really formed me as an equestrian, although my trainer now has formed me as a rider.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful! I hope you let them know how much they mean to you ;) Take it from me, sometimes you can catch a trainer right when they need the support!

      Delete
  2. aw that is sooo nice! little things like that are what keeps us going :) i've had a lot of different mentors, and each has left their mark on me in different ways -- and i feel very fortunate for that!

    ReplyDelete