Thursday, July 2, 2015

Peppertree Ranch - June edition


This time around we had two trailers, so that made hauling WAY easier! We took the GingerPony, Diva, Dart, and Indiana. Dart and Indiana are owned by the lovely M, and so one of my working students rode Indiana and M rode Dart.


Indiana continues to be a little awkward to ride sometimes - he holds his leads well when he's moving freely forward, but sometimes we'd like him to, you know... not charge around like a maniac. Correct lead or no. He's very brave over little fences, if a little careless with his legs. Straight lines are still a bit of a challenge. But he jumped everything C pointed him at and I couldn't be more proud of the two of them!

Diva decided she was a bit done as the day went on and so I got on her to school through the disobediences - resulting in a few pretty awkward shots:



But we pulled it together and she remembered what it means to actually move off your leg and carry herself.







Diva's rider did a phenomenal job for how sticky and difficult she was being - I was pretty shocked at how hard she was to ride when I got on, especially with how easy her rider was making it look! Very pleased with that, and I do have to remind myself that Diva is only 5...


GingerPony did great for her second show ever! No spookiness - there were a few refusals in the warm up but she just got better and better and turned into a total machine. We sort of alarmed her when a fence that previously wasn't an oxer turned into one and she refused it, but I guess that tells us what we're working on in the next few weeks!


M and Dart are a well-matched pair with a lot of training behind them, and it was a total pleasure to talk her through her courses and watch them go play together.


All in all it was a great learning experience for all my riders and I can't wait for the next one!

2 comments:

  1. did we ever find out what breed that little pony was?? looks like a fun day :)

    ReplyDelete