Friday, September 26, 2014

Viva Carlos' Ten Questions for September

  • Is there something you don't like about your riding? I wish I could solve my too-light rein issue overnight. I know it's holding me back in terms of connection with my horse. I need to stop 'hanging up' on my horse, so to speak. I harrass students about this CONSTANTLY, and they're pretty good about it. Me, however? Ugh.

  • Does your horse buck? I mean... does "porpoise through the air" equate to bucking?




  • Is your horse head shy? When it comes to washing his face, he's instantly a girraffe. An unhappy one, at that.  



  • Favorite barn chore to do? I love feeding! At my current barn I never get to feed the beasts but I used to love it so much. 
  • How many times do you ride a week? Uh... 7 on average? I dunno, let's think about it. I ride Tango 5 days a week, I ride Camou 3 days a week, I generally ride Danny 2-3 days a week, Jimmy at least once a week, Bert twice a week (I've been getting better about it!) and if we put all the random "here let me show you what I means" together and call it one additional ride... I put in 13 rides a week. Not shabby! I might have a few horses entering training this fall so it'll bump that number back up. 
  • Who is your favorite pro rider? Heather Blitz or Ingrid Klimke. 
  • If one pro rider could train you for one day who would it be? Oh jeez. I read a lot of stuff from the old classical masters, but I don't think Baucher's gonna be giving me any lessons anytime soon. Honestly if I could spend an entire day with Anne and have her just teach me ALL DAY that'd be amazing. I'm lucky she's my trainer. 
  • Favorite Facial Marking? I'm in love with that little nose-strip that some horses have. 
  • Leg Markings or No Leg Markings? I currently have no leg markings to care for, though I definitely used to... I kind of miss the OCD pain-in-the-buttness of getting them ready for shows. 
  • Ever broken anything falling off?  Uhm. Yes. Let's recall that time I broke my jaw, hip, and cracked a few ribs coming off a horse.
  • 2 comments:

    1. Replies
      1. It's funny because Tango does the EXACT same thing when I wash him -- he sticks his nose WAAYYY up in the air and then sticks his tongue out haha

        Delete