Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Impromptu trail ride

While messaging with Olivia, I realized I had a bit of a morning "off" in that I only had four horses to ride and not six. With some clever rearranging, it was possible to go for a trail ride with her! 

I pulled up expecting to see Nilla or perhaps even Eugene, but INSTEAD I got to meet this very handsome mustang who is definitely green but was ultimately more saintly about the trail than my mare was!


Levi totally made me believe that if it weren't for the whole "you have to keep them for a year, no reselling them," thing, a mustang would be my next horse. He was reasonable about bridges, went over a funny log obstacle MUCH more placidly than my mare, and generally had a happy-but-dopey expression on for the whole ride. I liked him. 

mare would have preferred fewer photos, thank you very much

Wouldn't have minded 'accidentally' putting him in my trailer but I imagine Olivia would be, I don't know, upset about that. 


Kat was pretty stoked to be out and about doing something besides long walks and transitions.


She also fell a little bit in love with Levi and although anthropomorphic, I swear she was looking for him when we unloaded at home. 

Also very brave deer!
I had a ton of fun, especially discussing elements I need to install to be able to attempt a 25 mile ride (shh! enough discipline exploration already!), and I'm definitely looking forward to next time.


14 comments:

  1. Trail rides are kind of the best, even though my horse spooks at manhole covers instead of honking cars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so peaceful and wonderful! And that's such a funny thing but horses are great that way

      Delete
  2. I am jealous of your experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) If you're ever in the bay area, we can hook you up!

      Delete
  3. Looks super fun! I am dying to get a trailer so that I can go on adventures like this someday soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was such a fun morning ride. We definitely need to do it again some time. I was really happy with how Levi acted on his first ride off property even if he was a bit of a nut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Especially now there's more flexibility!

      Delete
  5. Oooh so fun!!! I wanna go on a trial ride with you guys lol ;) Levi looks totally adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES PLEASE I am 1000% behind this. I have like five options for you to ride. Come back and visit again and we'll do it!

      Delete
  6. I'm obsessed with mental discipline exploration right now! Hoping to be able to dabble in a few different things next year

    ReplyDelete