Friday, March 25, 2016

GOTCHA DAY

I wrote this on Facebook but sort of wanted to expand here -- after all, it's my blog. :)
One year today. <3 Kat, we've journeyed so far. From our Trigger-impersonations, over our first jumps together, and through so many shows. Every day I swing my leg over and settle into the saddle it feels like I've come home. You have taught me about patience and about talent, about heart and courage. I remember the first time you told me you understood what I was asking and when you said you were in it with me. I remember our first show together when I piloted you to countless refusals in the warm up only to have you click on and perform flawlessly when it counted. You've carried me through many lessons, over hills, jumps, and mountains. You've opened my heart and made it your home. To the next year and to the next challenge.

The very first photo of her I ever saw

My first ride at home

Our first jumps together

E's first time on her

Jump lessons at WRR

First experience of full-time training with JM

Some sassiness with JM

Vroom vroom, sassy mare

From showing off for kids at summer camp (please don't ever let me wear sunglasses and ride again ever) with her fierce face on

To being a touch over exuberant while schooling cross country

I'm loving the progress as this mare develops into the athlete I know she can be.

Learning how to navigate trail obstacles

and experimenting with other disciplines

Countless hours without stirrups working on my seat

Celebrating Thanksgiving with me

Bringing in the new year as my trusty mount

16 comments:

  1. Awww, congratulations! It's been fun following along with you two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that you bought Kat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome partnership you two have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's come such a long way with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh man, thanks for that. I think so, but sometimes I live it every day and it's hard to see.

      Delete
  5. What a cool horse - happy one year, and may there be many more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 that's the hope. Thank you so much for being such a lovely long-distance friend to the two of us.

      Delete
  6. Just found your blog. Are you still riding with JM?

    ReplyDelete